3730 North Loop 1604 East
San Antonio, TX 78259
11:00 a.m. Saturday, Oct. 5, 2013
Kids | Family
GOODWILL “DO IT YOURSELF” CRAFT & FASHION WORKSHOPS
SATURDAY, OCT. 5 (TIMES VARY)
To celebrate the opening of the city’s newest Goodwill store, located on the North Side at 3730 North Loop 1604 East (Loop 1604 and Bulverde Road), local bloggers will present a series of “Do It Yourself” workshops on making the most of Goodwill finds, including craft projects, Halloween costume ideas and fashion tips. The workshop schedule includes:
• 11 a.m. -- Kick-off Q&A with Goodwill’s “Do It Yourself” Bloggers.
• 11:45 a.m. – 12:15 a.m. – Blogger Morena Hockley will offer tips and tricks from MorenasCorner.com on up-cycling glassware from Goodwill for crafty projects.
• 12:30 – 1 p.m. – Veronica Rouse of SevenLovelyThings.Blogspot.com leads a presentation on “Thrifty Ways to save in the Kids Room.”
• 2 – 2:30 p.m. – Pam Laurel of Over50Feeling40.com presents “Fall Fashion Tips.”
• 2:45 – 3:15 p.m. – Pippa McLennan of ShopWithPippa.com presents “The Most Interesting Thrift Store Shopping Tips & Style Advice.”
Workshops are free, but space is limited. To register for a workshop, please go to www.goodwillsa.org.
Every purchase and donation made at Goodwill funds educational programs and services that assist people in finding better jobs and building careers. Goodwill is a non-profit organization that provides employment, training, educational opportunities and related services to more than 52,000 individuals each year.